Waves of Fiction accepts ARCs and already published books in the following formats: paperbacks, hardbacks, eBooks, egalleys, and occasionally audios. If you provide a paperback or hardback, it will be shared among the review team and possibly offered as a give-away incentive upon completion.
In addition, we love to share our reviews and reactions with our blogging community immediately upon completing the book. We will post our reviews on our blog as well as GoodReads, and occasionally TheLibraryThing upon request. We will also send a notification of the review or give-away through Twitter and Facebook. If the give-away or immediate public review is not recommended, please notify us upon distribution of your ARC, and we will comply with your request.
The following romance sub-genres are reviewed on this blog:
- Contemporary New Adult
- Contemporary Romance
- Paranormal Romance
- Erotic Romance
- Urban Fantasy
In accordance with FTC Guidelines, Waves of Fiction Book Blog is in no way compensated for any reviews or promotional posts you see on our blog. On occasion we receive books from NetGalley, authors or publishers in exchange for a review. These are our honest opinion of the book, and we are in no way compensated for our reviews.
At Waves of Fiction we are committed to providing fair and honest reviews. We do not engage in publishing defamatory reviews or posting hurtful comments about authors. If we don’t care for a book, we’ll attempt to have an alternate reviewer assess the novel, or contact the author to let them know we will not be publishing a review.
Our rating system uses a 5 point scale according to the following standards:
Enjoyed it!! Looking for a beach side read then we recommend this book.
Liked it. Something to enjoy on a nice warm day to help pass the time.
Not good. It wasn’t quite for me and I was more entertained by the waves.
Awful. Left it lying in the sand because I just couldn’t finish it.
In line with our passion for reading and reviewing, we enjoy the opportunity to share the experience with our followers. Waves of Fiction conducts frequent give-aways, which you can find on our right side bar. In order to continue to provide give-aways, we must abide by the following guidelines.
- Contests and give-aways are open to entrants over the age of 18.
- Giveaways are managed through Rafflecopter and include a “free entry” for every giveaway. No purchase necessary.
- Entries will be reviewed for accuracy. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Waves of Fiction will only publish giveaway winner posts for multiple or 5+ book giveaways. All other giveaway winners will be revealed through the “rafflecopter” option on the original post.
- Waves of Fiction will notify winners within 2 – 4 days of the contest ending via email.
- The winner must respond with a mailing address within 48 hours, otherwise they will forfeit their prize and a subsequent winner will be selected.
- Please allow 14 – 21 days for your prize to arrive and longer for international shipments.
- Unless otherwise noted, contests are open to the US and Canada only.
- Waves of Fiction is not responsible for any lost or damaged items shipped or emailed.
- Waves of Fiction has the right to obtain and publicize the winner’s name and likeness.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Final note: Often we host give-aways on behalf of authors and publishers who have agreed to mail selected winners their prize. If the give-away specifically mentions the author or publisher is hosting the give-away, it is the author or publisher’s responsibility to ensure that the winner(s) get their book(s), not Waves of Fiction. Please allow authors and publishers a little extra time in sending your prize.